Friday, May 8, 2009

My new snail won't come out of his shell?

I just bought a black mystery snail at my pet store today, and he hasn't come out of his shell. I set him in the tank with my newt, and my newt came up and looked at the snail. The snail's just sitting on the bottom of the tank not doing anything, and he's all retracted into his shell. I'm wondering if my newt stressed him out? Or does it just take a while for snails to get used to their new environments?
Answers:
sorry but i think your snail is dead
your newt could of or maybe he needs time to get use to his new home. if he don't come out in a day . i would take him out there put him by his self in his own tank see how he does.
it takes a while probbabaly it was scared of some thing. maybe ur newt may eat snails as it may be smaller.if ur snails are bigger,it may pose a great danger. so the newt will have to eat the snail. go to the website to learn www.caudata.org/
good luck. and ps: keep the poor snail away from the newt
the water you have put him in may be different than what he is use to ( not to mention that the temperature could be different) so it is probably just taking him a bit to get use to his new home
Sometimes snails like to sleep or relax for days, sometimes weaks. I have a snail that will go into his shell for like three days, I pick him up to make sure hes not dead, which he never is, then I see him running around the tank eating up algea and left over flakes. Snails are weird but I would check to see if his door is closed to make sure he is alive.
i had the same problem, i bought mine at petsmart. it didn't do anything at all but at the second day it was moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment